Monday, March 24, 2014

IS YOUR FACE SHINING? Reflect His LIGHT

Driftwood mirror courtesy of Google Images
We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Changed into the same image? Isn’t that what Paul said? In that case, we would reflect Jesus. We would reflect His glory. We would mirror His character.

Jesus reflected God. 

We look to Him every time our thoughts turn to Him, every time we go before God’s throne of grace in prayer. We behold Him when we linger there in His presence.

This brings to mind the story of Moses coming down from the mountain where he had been with God.  Without his realizing it, his face shone, reflecting the glory of God that he had beheld. 

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, he had the two tablets in his hand, and he did not know that the skin of his face was ablaze with light because he had been speaking with God. Exodus 34:29 ISV

It requires discipline to “behold Him”. The most natural thing to do is behold ourselves.  I look at myself in the mirror several times each day. I look at myself when my thoughts dwell on my aches and pains, everyday matters, and even my hopes and dreams. 

In requires discipline to “behold Him” in every particular and circumstance of life. 

It requires discipline to concentrate on His character, His glory, His grace, and meditate on God.

But the more we behold Him, the more we will reflect His glory.

A new friend reminded me of a beautiful song this week which started my reflections. Ever since I read these words, it keeps replaying in my mind. 

“Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.”

Text and music by Helen H. Lemmel

And Jesus said this about John the Baptist,

He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.  John 5:35

That's something to think about.

Sunrise on Seabrook Island courtesy of Eileen DeCamp
I'm pleased you have visited Write Moments with God.  Feel free to leave your comments below if you like.  I appreciate you.

7 comments:

  1. I like the thought of "mirroring Jesus" as a result of spending time with Him. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol for taking time to visit and comment. I like that thought as well. Mirror HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,
    I love this picture - would you like to link to #SundayStillness - each week I hold a linky party. Many people drop over - you can visit them and they will visit you. http://www.janiscox.com/sunday-stillness-seek-his-kingdom/

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true…"The more we behold Him, the more we reflect His glory." Thanks for sharing this post. It is just what I needed today! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for the lovely comments. It always makes my day when readers share their thoughts, too. Kind regards and blessings galore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this Rose! What a beautiful song too!

    ReplyDelete